Authentic Cuban Pork Sandwich
What makes our Cuban Sandwich recipe so authentic? The secret is in using tender pork. But not just any pork. You need to make this sandwich with Keystone Pork. And because Keystone Meat is fully cooked, your taste buds will be dancing the Salsa in no time.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Pork
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 hoagie buns
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 thin slices smoked fully-cooked ham
- 2 large dill pickle, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 4 Tbsp. butter, or as needed
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne together in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Spread one side generously with the mayo/mustard sauce.
- Divide sandwich ingredients between the two bottom halves in this order: 2 slices Swiss cheese, 3 slices ham, hot Keystone Pork, pickle slices, and 2 more slices of Swiss cheese. Place tops on sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and press down with a heavy weight (such as another skillet or panini maker). Toast sandwiches until bread is crisp and filling is heated through, 3 or 4 minutes per side.