Authentic Cuban Pork Sandwich
What makes our Cuban Sandwich recipe so authentic? The secret is in using tender pork. But not just any pork … you need to make this sandwich with Keystone Pork. And because Keystone Meat is fully cooked, your taste buds will be dancing the Salsa in no time.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Pork
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 hoagie buns
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 thin slices smoked fully-cooked ham
- 2 large dill pickle, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 4 Tbsp. butter, or as needed
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne together in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Spread one side generously with the mayo/mustard sauce.
- Divide sandwich ingredients between the two bottom halves in this order: 2 slices Swiss cheese, 3 slices ham, hot Keystone Pork, pickle slices, and 2 more slices of Swiss cheese. Place tops on sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and press down with a heavy weight (such as another skillet or panini maker). Toast sandwiches until bread is crisp and filling is heated through, 3 or 4 minutes per side.