Bacon & Apple Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Onion Chutney
When you blend savory bacon with tart Granny Smith apples, you get a totally different take on the usual shredded chicken sandwich. And by using fully cooked Keystone Chicken, you’ll satisfy your hungry family in less than 20 minutes! Keystone Cookbook Recipe Winner submitted by Mary L.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Chicken, drained
- 1 cup Keystone Chicken Broth
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Granny Smith, cored and diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, cook bacon pieces until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel to drain and pour off the fat, leaving one tablespoon of drippings in the pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic until soft in the bacon drippings. Add diced apple and cook for five minutes.
- In a separate pan, combine Keystone Chicken, Keystone Chicken Broth, pepper, thyme and vinegar. Cook on medium for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Just before serving, stir bacon into onion chutney. Top buns with chicken mixture and then onion chutney. Serve immediately.