Beef and Kale Power Bowl
Our Power Bowl is a quick meal focused around the “power foods” of kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and, of course, Keystone Beef. This recipe is a mix of powerful antioxidants that will satisfy you physically and mentally.
- 1 can (28 oz.) Keystone Beef, drained and mixed
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1/2 bunch curly kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 8 oz. brussels sprouts, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 avocado, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Toss broccoli with 1 tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt. Roast, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, 8 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Whisk shallot, vinegar, mustard, and remaining 4 tbsp. oil in a large bowl until emulsified; season with salt. Add kale and brussels sprouts and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Massage kale until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add roasted broccoli and toss again.
- Swipe some hummus along the inside of each bowl with a spoon. Divide salad among bowls and add an avocado wedge and Keystone Beef. Top with chives and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.