Beefy Potato Fritters
We’ve taken the common potato fritter and “queued” it up with Keystone Beef and BBQ sauce to make a robust side dish that’s perfect for any time of the year! A special thank you to Candy B. one of our “Beef Up Family Time Recipe Contest” finalists!
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Keystone Beef, finely chopped
- 3 medium (5 to 6 oz each) potatoes, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion (both white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup bottled or homemade hickory barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Place Keystone Beef, potatoes, onion and barbecue sauce in a large mixing bowl and mix well to evenly combine ingredients.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot (but not smoking).
- Add balls and flatten each with a spatula to become a fritter shape. Fry 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden in color.
- Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.