Breakfast Sloppy Joes
A Sloppy Joes sandwich for breakfast? We say yes! Especially when you top this tangy sandwich with a fried egg! And because you use recipe ready Keystone Ground Beef, you’ll whip up this quick breakfast before the rooster has a chance to crow.
- 1/2 can (28 oz.) Keystone Ground Beef, drained
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup banana pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tbsp. yellow mustard, optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, banana pepper, garlic and paprika. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions soften.
- Stir in tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, 1/4 cup water and Worcestershire sauce, bring to boil. Add Keystone Ground Beef and mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture thickened.
- In a non-stick skillet set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; crack eggs into skillet. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg whites are the desired doneness.
- Add mustard to the bottom of each bun (optional), add the Sloppy Joes mixture and top each sandwich with a fried egg.