Grandma’s Chicken and Dressing
Who said stuffing was only for the holidays? We sure didn’t! Grandma’s special recipe includes adding Keystone Chicken and Keystone Chicken Broth to the mix. No secret ingredients here, we make it easy for you to add additional tasty elements to any stuffing recipe! Keystone Cookbook Recipe Winner submitted by Vickie from Florida.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Chicken, drained
- 1 can (27 oz) Keystone Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package cornbread, prepared per package instructions
- 3 slices of day old bread, toasted or dried out, cubed.
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 to 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare cornbread per package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions and celery in butter for approximately 4 minutes. Add crumbled cornbread and cubed bread to the mix.
- Add Keystone Chicken Broth (add more or less per your dry-to-moist preference) and sage. Mix well.
- Add beaten egg, Keystone Chicken and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all mixture in a 13 inch casserole pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.