Hearty Pork & Pinto Bean Soup
There’s nothing better than a steaming bowl of soup on a cold winter evening, especially when you can go from stovetop to table in less than 20 minutes! Add recipe ready Keystone Pork and turn an ordinary soup into extraordinary dinner.
- 1 can (28 oz.) Keystone Pork, drained
- 1 can (27 oz.) Keystone Chicken Broth
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) green beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) peas, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Pepper to taste
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- In a stockpot, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Stir carrots, celery, potato, green beans, peas and tomatoes into bean mixture.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add avocado (optional) and serve with warmed tortillas or bread.