Jalapeño Popper and Cornbread Skillet
You’ll make your dinner “pop” with a hearty skillet make from all natural Keystone Pork. This family favorite Jalapeño Popper and Cornbread Skillet recipe has just the right amount sweet to heat ratio.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Pork, drained
- 1 box (8.5 oz) cornbread mix (plus required ingredients)
- 2 cups baked beans
- One box (18 oz) frozen cream stuffed jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly slice
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare the cornbread batter according to the package directions (do not bake). Set aside.
- Combine the Keystone Pork, baked beans and 3/4 cup water in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Spread the cornbread batter over the mixture and lightly press the jalapeño peppers into the batter. Sprinkle scallions and red peppers on top of skillet.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until peppers are golden brown and the batter is cooked throughly, approximately 25 minutes. Sprinkle additional scallions on top and serve warm.