Lazy Sunday Shredded Beef Chili
Sometimes you just don’t want to cook. We get that. In fact, many of our recipes are developed with that in mind! This simple, yet delicious recipe was submitted by Donna G. – a true lover of Keystone Meats.
- 1 can (28 oz.) Keystone Beef, drained and mixed
- 2 cans mild chili beans
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1-1/2 package mild chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onions or 1/2 cup fresh chopped onions
- 1 tsp. jarred garlic or 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- As you open and empty cans, use a small amount of water (a half of a can) to rinse all the cans and add water to the pot.
- If you use fresh onion & garlic, add a small amount of oil (1 tsp.) to your pot and sauté onions and garlic for about 4 minutes, do not let garlic burn, stir frequently.
- Add chili beans and tomato and shredded beef. Add dehydrated onions and garlic and the ketchup. Mix well, add packet of chili seasoning and a 1/2 cup of beef broth. Over medium to low heat, bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to simmer and let cook for about 15 minutes to let flavors