Quick Beef Pho
Traditional Vietnamese Beef Pho can take hours to cook, but not when you use our quick and easy recipe! The secret is replacing sliced beef with fully cooked USDA Keystone Beef. You’ll cut prep time and have this tasty soup on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1/2 can (28 oz) Keystone Beef, drained
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (may substitute soy sauce)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 16 oz thick rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges
- Chili sauce or Sriracha for taste
- Add the Keystone Beef Broth and 1/2 cup water to a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a low boil. Add Keystone Beef, fish sauce, sugar, ginger and onion to the pan and reduce to a simmer.
- Wrap the cloves and star anise in a piece of cheesecloth and tie it into a pouch. Add the pouch to the broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off. Remove the spice pouch from the broth and discard.
- Boil noodles per package directions, drain.
- For the Pho assembly: add the noodles between 4 bowls, top with jalapeno, carrots and onion. Add a ladle of broth to each bowl. Add chili sauce, Sriracha or squeeze juice from a lime wedge, if desired.