Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Ay, caramba … with this easy recipe you’ll be able to enjoy restaurant-quality enchiladas right in your own home. Use Keystone Pork or Keystone Chicken as an alternative meat to this Mexican recipe – your family will love this dish!
- 2 cans (28 oz) Keystone Beef
- 1 1/2 tsp. Keystone Beef Soup Base in 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp. water to make a "slurry"
- 10 - 12 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Whisk together Keystone Beef Soup Base mix, vinegar, salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour in pan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Slowly whisk in cornstarch slurry.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper, or other seasonings, as needed.
- Add can of Keystone Beef and warm through.
- Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of shredded beef and a spoonful of shredded cheese. Roll up and place in the pan, seam-side down. Pour desired amount of sauce over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.