Skillet Chicken Enchiladas
Who said you couldn’t have an authentic Mexican dinner while you camp … we didn’t! And because our chicken enchilada recipe is prepped and cooked in the same skillet, it makes for easy cleanup as well! Over the open flame of a campfire or on the stovetop, you’ll love how quick and easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Keystone Chicken
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) green chile enchilada sauce
- 5-6 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
- In a large cast iron skillet, saute the peppers ,onion, chicken and salt with the olive oil until tender over the campfire (or stove top). Once softened, transfer the vegetables from the cast iron skillet to a large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the skillet. Assemble the enchiladas by placing a scoop of the vegetable-chicken mixture onto a corn tortilla with as much cheese as desired. Roll the tortilla and place it, seam side down, into the skillet.
- Assemble the enchiladas by placing a scoop of the vegetable-chicken mixture onto a corn tortilla with as much cheese as desired. Roll the tortilla and place it, seam side down, into the skillet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the rest of the green chile enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover the skillet and heat through until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately and top with fresh cilantro.