Steakhouse Mac ‘n Cheese
This bold-flavored pasta dish is straight from the local steakhouse. Rich and creamy with just a hint of horseradish to open up your palate. Our Steakhouse Mac ‘n Cheese recipe comes together easily when you add a big ‘ol can of Keystone Beef. Keep the kids happy with the powdery cheese, they definitely couldn’t handle our version.
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Beef, drained and chopped
- ½ pound fusilli pasta
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. of horseradish
- Green onion for garnish
- In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, stir in flour until smooth, about one minute.
- Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Stir in all cheese until melted.
- Drain the pasta; add the pasta to the cheese mixture. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. If the pasta mixture is too thick, stir in ¼ cup of water at a time to get the desired consistency.
- Stir in the Keystone Beef, heat throughly. Sprinkle green onions over the top for garnish. Serve immediately.